Sunday, November 1, 2009

What am I thankful for.....

A new found friend was talking today about taking this entire holiday season and really soaking it in. Living every minute to its fullest and really taking the time to stop and appreciate it.
To stop daily and think of something that she is thankful for....whether its her relationship with Jesus all the way down to something as trivial as ziploc bags (which by the way Alice, there are great things, but those disposable ziploc containers are even better. If some "leftover" gets really disgusting in the fridge....since the container was only 75 cents, I don't even have to open it, it ALL goes in the trash. But that's beside the point.)

Anyways...back on track. She is going to take a month to be truly thankful, and to take a few moments each day to reflect on what she is thankful for. I have decided to do the same thing with my blog this month. I think its a great idea. And I encourage everyone to do it....really stop and thank God for all that He has given you or done for you.

So....for November 1st....the thing that is really on my heart today, is my wonderful hubby! God is truly (I think I am using that word too much today, but it just seems fitting every time!) anyways....God is truly showing me lately just how amazing John is, and how I can be a better wife and friend to him. If God can love me every day, no matter what I do....shouldn't I be able to do the same for my husband? If I (I almost typed truly again, but I held back) ....If I desperately want to be a reflection of God's light in the world...shouldn't I be able to start in my own home?? My answer today is a resounding YES I CAN, AND YES I WILL. But I do know that it is only with God's help. God is leading my heart to show me exactly John's worth. These past couple of days at home while he was gone gave me a new appreciation for what he does everyday. Don't get me wrong I've loved spending time with my babies, but I don't think I could do it everyday. He is a wonderful husband....and my new goal is to show him everyday how much I love and appreciate him just for who he is.


So what are you thankful for today???

No comments: