Thursday, November 19, 2009

Easy to pick...hard to find the time

I was holding this one all month, I knew what I wanted to talk about on the 18th from the beginning. But yesterday was such a jam packed amazing day there just wasn't time.

November 18, 1999 at 315pm God dropped an amazing little baby girl into my life. Tyler Catherine Sims. I can remember every detail like it was yesterday. Where did the time go??? Now she's 10...talking about boys, and bras, and everything else she can think of. She definitely gets it honest, that kid can talk!! But I love it!! She is 100% a mini-me. My mom always said "you just wait until you have a child like you". But I tell ya, I love every minute of it.

I hope and pray everyday that we can continue to grow our bond and friendship as the years go by. I want to be the best mommy that I can be, and show her the way she should go, but be there to support her when things don't go her way. I want to wipe away her tears of sorrow and her tears joy. I want to be there when that first boy makes her heart race....and then again when the first boy breaks her heart. I want to be the one she talks to when she's not sure what to do next...and I want to be the one to tell her that God is always the best place to look. I want to still be able to put braids in her hair, and still by able to cuddle her in my lap, and still sing "You are my sunshine" to her....but everyday she is turning more into a young lady. I want to be her first and last resort for the rest of her life.

All I can say is thank you God for giving me the best job on the earth...MOMMY!

No comments: