Sunday, November 1, 2009

A New Approach

There is so much to say about what is going on in my heart this week...but it all boils down to one thing, and one thing only.

I finally slowed down enough to listen to what God has been trying to tell me all along.

I have always prayed and prayed and prayed to hear clearly from God. To know that I know that I know that it was HIM. To have some direction that I was sure was ordained from Him.
But....then I go on with the rest of my day being the stubborn, pig headed, in charge, strong women that I have grown to become. Not that that is neccessarily a bad thing....but when you were a leader in school, a leader in music for all those years, and now you are a leader at work, and a leader of something at church....that attitude, that over the top strength starts to bleed into all parts of your life. You think you can handle it all beause I am in charge.

But bottom line...I don't want to be in charge. I want to go and do what He wants me to. Things that seem huge and impossible for me, things that I had basically given up on....He can do in the blink of an eye! HELLO....He SPOKE the world into exsistance, I think He can handle my little problems. Because in the end...they are his problems too. He wants to help me, He wants to be in control....if only I will let Him.

So this week....I know that I heard from God. Now understand, its wasn't some warm fuzzy "oh you are so amazing Libby" kind of message....He really called me out on the carpet. But it was what I needed to get a new perspective and direction on my situation. I was so concentrated on myself, and knowing that since I was a Christian, I had to be doing the right thing.

Man was I wrong....it started with me. I pushed the buttons to put the whole bad thing in motion. I couldn't beleive it. I was so ashamed, so guilty....but at the same time so excited that I finally saw it! Knowing really is half the battle. Now I can change my approach, step back and start over, push the reset button, and try again.

Isn't it amazed that God always gives us the opportunity for a do over??

No comments: