Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A thankful heart (Day 3)

This morning when I woke up I decided today's thing to be thankful for would be a silly one....and I even had one all picked up....but then it changed.


This post by be short, but I will tell you I am so thankful for this today I can't even explain.
This is huge for me right now!!

I am thankful for the ability to listen. To slow down and REALLY listen to someone.

First and foremost, to be able to stop and listen to what God has to tell me. I am so excited to be hearing from my God. To know that He truly is telling me something everyday. I just have to choose to stop and listen.

And secondly today....I am excited, that with God's help, I am able to stop my mouth from running all the time and really listen to my husband. To understand where he came from, and why he is the way he is, and hear how he feels, even if sometimes he doesn't say a word.

Today....I am going to try with everything in me to listen more, and talk less. And then I will try again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day....eventually it will become a part of me.

What are you thankful for ??

No comments: