Friday, November 20, 2009

20th day of a thankful heart



I absolutely love my Dansko clogs. Especially a red that I bought a few months ago, they are my favorite, I think....well no maybe the brown pair are my favorite. Both are pretty close on the list for different reasons.

They are both great because they are so comfy! When I first tried a pair on I thought there was no way that I could wear those hard shoes. I wanted them for work, something with some support to keep my feet from hurting. It took about a week for me to get used how they felt, but once I did....WOW!! I wanted to wear them all the time, even with jeans at home. The first pair I got, my mom bought for my birthday last year and they were black, because that's what I mostly wear to work. I wore them everyday!

Here's where why the brown pair is the coolest comes in....I had them on at work one day, and I was helping a salesperson help a couple with a sofa and loveseat purchase. The husband looks at my feet and says "you like those danskos?" I of course answered absolutely! He then proceeds to say, "if you will sell me this sofa and loveseat for $xxx (I can't remember the amount, not the important part of the story!!) I will bring you a brand new pair tomorrow. What size do you wear?" I go completely nuts at this point....it was a price I was already going to offer him, and now he was giving ME new shoes too. AWESOME! Why can't everyday be this awesome! Turned out he was the manager of a huge discount shoe store in town. I wasn't sure if it would really happen or not....but we'll see. The very next day he comes in with a box in a bag with my shiny new brown clogs. I was so amazed and at was love at first sight!!

The red clog story is sort of along the same lines, but to top it off THEY'RE RED TOO!! That just adds to the amazement! I have always had an affection for red shoes....so much so that one summer I bought red sandals, then had to buy some red clothes to go with them. Still love those red sandals!! Anyways....one day I was out having a girl day by myself, and decided to stop by the new GB Shoes that had opened near our house. They had a ton of shoes! But nothing really struck my fancy. They had a small section of Danskos, but nothing incredible, and the prices weren't that great. I didn't "need" a pair of shoes, so I was really looking for anything. Along the entire back wall of the store, they had shoes from the previous season that were anywhere from 25-75% off. I went to my size's section...and to my disappointment really didn't see anything I wanted. Then on the top shelf I saw a Dansko box, and I thought to myself there's no way they have those marked down. So I started looking all through that wall for Dansko boxes. I found a pair of sandals that were 50% off, which for Danskos is alot of money! So I picked those and was getting ready to leave...but then I found one more box....I looked in and those were those wonderful red clogs!! I was so excited...again I love red shoes!!! I tried them on, and it was a perfect fit. (You never know with Dansko because they are sized strangely and each pair is hand made, so 2 pairs of the same size may fit different) I knew I didn't need them, but boy did I WANT them. So I took a deep breath and went to look for the tag....and there I saw that incredible orange sticky dot that made them 75% OFF!!!! I swear I heard a choir of angels sing Hallelujah!! That made them like $35....I HAD TO HAVE THEM!!!!

To this day....I still try to find something at least once a week to wear my red Danskos with.

No comments: