Monday, November 9, 2009

A more than thankful heart....(day 9)

This whole thing of stopping each day to think of something to be thankful for is not as easy as it seems really....of course there are the easy ones, but I have been trying to think of things that you forget to be thankful for sometimes....things I take for granted.

Today it came to me in the form of a bible verse emailed to me...and I realized this was the perfect thing to talk about today.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat of its fruit."
Proverbs 18:21

I received this verse a couple of days ago by email, and have been rolling it around in my head the last few days.

As a salesperson, I tend to think a couple of steps ahead of what I say. So basically I think before I speak. Not everyone can do this...things come flying out of their mouth before they even know it. And the next thing you know, you have hurt someone's feelings.

But here's the hitch in my giddy up....I have always done this everywhere, but at home!! Thank God He is teaching me lately how to hold my tongue at home. To hold back one more moment before you say something you shouldn't....to just not say that! not go there!

And I can't begin to explain what a difference it has made it our home. It has made me a thermostat in our atmosphere instead of just a thermometer.

No comments: