Monday, November 2, 2009

Giving Thanks Day 2

I was sitting thinking about this idea last night, wondering what I would come up with each day that I was thankful for. Would they be serious everyday, or would they be trivial....would it be touching or funny....I am really excited to see where God leads me through this.

I will say that today was an easy choice though. 7 years ago this morning, my beautiful middle baby Apryl Jo was born in Florence SC. We were so excited and ready for her arrival. John's parents had come from WV to wait for her to come....they were there just sitting, and waiting, and watching me, just waiting for me to explode I think. It is funny to look back now....not so funny then.

Anyways...I am so thankful for the wonderful little girl that God is shaping her into. She's tough but loving, hard but soft at the same time. She will be the kind of girl who will never let anyone take advantage or her, or break her heart. Apryl is bad to the bone....she has already in her short little life had a broken arm and 9 stitches...and never shed a tear over either. I remember in the ER when the doctor was stitching up her chin (at age 3), she didn't move at all, or even cry. The doctor kept saying "how old is she again? I've never seen a 3 year old like this. I've been around children a long time, this child will be something one day."

AND HE IS RIGHT!!

But not because he said so but because GOD says so. He is teaching her and molding her everyday. This past year she decided to ask Jesus into her heart, and I honestly can see a difference in her. She has been so much more loving in the last few months. You used to have to beg her for a hug or a kiss....but now she wants hugs, and wants to cuddle, and wants a goodnight kiss. I see an amazing little woman growing up right before my eyes. I'm not quite ready for it yet....but I'm still in awe.

Thank you God for blessing me so much by bringing Apryl in our lives. It's an honor to say I'm her mommy!!

No comments: