Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How do you do it??

As a working mother, I get asked all the time....how do you do it? In fact a customer of mine asked me that very question last night. She said that she got home at 730pm and was doing her "house things", and she thought of me, working all day, then going home to a husband and 3 kids...she said she had no idea how I could do it.

So I decided to stop and think about it for a minute, just how do I do it? I came up with 3 reasons or ways that I get things done. First of all, is I just decide that's what's got to be done, and do it. Once I set my mind to something, there is no other way. I just pre-plan a lot, I'm a list maker. The key to that is keeping up with the lists! But seriously, I work 50 hours a week, because it has to be done, we decided we wanted a nice home, a good place for the girls to grow up, a dependable car...so certain things have to happen to live in such a beautiful place. Yes, the cost of living is higher in WNC, but look around, how could you not love to live here!! My mom and I took the girls on the boat tour of Lake Lure on Sunday, all the tourists were saying how gorgeous the views were...I leaned into Tyler and said "and just think we LIVE here!!" It's amazing.

The second way I am able to do what I do is with a wonderful husband. I will admit John is not the perfect husband, but I don't think anyone is. I will say he is a great father, and he will do anything for these girls. Even if it means working at night so they don't have to go to a babysitter or daycare. He wants them to have the opportunities that he didn't have growing up. There are some husbands who are home during the day that want to just sit around though...not John. He has been helping with the daily mundane house junk that has to be done, he cooks, he is teaching Abigail her ABC's...I am amazed with him actually. Other than laundry, he does it all. He may not be going to church with us this point as I'd like, but it's all in God's time, not Libby's, I just have to be patient.

And the 3rd way I can do all things is through Jesus. Check out this verse I found this morning, it really sums it all up.....it's 1Peter 4:10-12
10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

That's it in a nutshell...everything I do I try to do with excellence, I do not settle for mediocre. So why not, in this short time we are here, do all they we can with everything we have in us???

No comments: