Friday, October 10, 2008

Don't push that button!!!

Have you ever seen the movie Dennis the Menace with Walter Mathau? Where the kid can't help himself, every time he sees a button he HAS to push it. He tries so hard not to, but he just can't stop. Well that's how I have felt this week. I feel like everyone is pushing my buttons and just begging me to push theirs back.

But I have made a decision, a promise to God and myself that I will not give in so easily. I will not respond to every poke with a poke. I refuse to be mislead by the devil so quickly. Every time we take a step towards the right atmosphere in this house, the devil gives John these great little "pokes" to throw at me. It fires me up so much, and all I want to do is send a fiery dart right back his direction as loud and mean as I can. But I am not going to fall into that trap anymore. That is the easy way out. I am not going to do it anymore. I calmly say, that's ok, or whatever you say, or I'll try honey. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy....in fact it is horrible. Because sometimes that makes the "pokes" coming my direction get even bigger, and uglier, and harder to resist. But I will not let the devil win any longer.

Whether its my boss, my employees, my children, or my husband....I will not give in to the devil's ways any longer. I will not allow any comments to stir my spirit in a negative way. Happiness is a choice that we can make everyday....and I choose to be blissfully happy in every day that the Lord has given me to share with my family and friends!!

1 comment:

Michelle Hill said...

Keep reminding Satan just who he is....a liar and a cheater and a loser. Don't know if you know the song or not but there's one out there with lyrics that say, "No matter what the weapon is I wancha to know that I win!"