Sunday, October 12, 2008

GOD IS BIG!!!

I started reading a book today suggested to me by 2 wonderful friends called "The Power of a Praying Wife". I have read 1 chapter so far, and I am already crying my eyes out over it. The first few pages have pulled so many things that are happening in my life together, its got me completely in awe. You know how little things happen or are said to you and you don't really know why or what they are for at the time....then a couple of weeks later, God pulls it all together and makes it all make sense. That's exactly what is happening for me right now.

If you have been reading these blogs, you have seen that I am trying to get the girls more comfortable and accustomed to praying. **Here I thought it was for them, when lo and behold God says uh no, that was for you silly!** The first thing this book says is its much easier to pray for our children because from the first moment of their little life we want to do everything we can for them, its our mothers heart...but it says we have to take that same passion to pray for our husbands as well. No one has the same heart as a women, there is nothing like us...ON PURPOSE!!! He made us this way for a reason, use it!! So now that I have been more aggressive about prayer for the girls, I just need those same emotions for my husband and my marriage.

The second thing that all came together today is how big our God truly is. Pastor Nate preached on this today at church. And I said amen, and agreed, and understood it. But I didn't really know how to apply it until I started this book. I always felt there was no way for us to get to the place where I wanted us to be in our marriage. Don't get me wrong, its not horrible, I just want the whole fairy tale. I felt like nothing could ever change this enough....We seemed so far away from the ideal relationship, how could we ever get there??? But one line in this book made me realize. She says "You have to trust that God is big enough to accomplish all this and more." There it is. Our God is so exceedingly bigger than we could ever imagine, He can do all things. Not me, but HIM!!! I have to allow Him to show me what to say, how to react, how to respond....and things will change.

Thanks to Jacquie and Michelle for suggesting this book. If the first 5 pages are this good, I can't wait to see the rest.

1 comment:

Michelle Hill said...

Hey friend! So proud of you! You are going to revolutionize your home! I'm cheering you on!!