Thursday, October 23, 2008

Constantly amazed

This one is an easy one to write, something happened at church last night that completely took my breath away. In our children's worship we have Praise and Worship with all the kids, then we circle up and pray together before splitting into the age groups. Every time we circle up, I ask if anyone of them wants to lead us in prayer, usually no one says anything, and I always say that's ok, one day you will and go ahead and pray myself or have one of the other teachers lead.
Last night was different....I almost didn't ask, but something told me to....one lonely hand shot up like a light! I have to say I would have been proud no matter who's hand it was, but it happened to be my oldest daughter Tyler. My heart just lit up on the inside, I was so happy that she was willing to step out in faith, no matter what anyone else thought.

We have been praying more at home, and she will lead us sometimes, but its usually the standard help us have a good meal, or a good nights sleep, or a good day at school. But I haven't said anything to her because at this point any prayer is great! Well last night in Kidzone, she prayed all that first then....she says if there is anything on anyone's heart that is burdening them, I pray for them that You can take it away. I almost cried!!! It was so perfect, and so pure. Some days, she amazes me.

The other day we were at a friend's house who happens to home school all her children (bless her heart!!) and I wondered if my kids were missing out by us not doing that. Are they being exposed to things at school that we don't want them involved in? Are we making the right choice? God very quickly stirred my spirit and said that Tyler is going to be a very strong light for Jesus anywhere she goes, and if she stayed home everyday, how many kids would miss out on that blessing that is to come through her??

No comments: