Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holy Ghost Fit!!

This morning on the way to work I was dragging big time. I didn't want to be out of bed, I definitely didn't want to go to work. I decided I would turn on some Christian radio to try to revive me. I ended up having me a little Holy Ghost happy dance. I was singing, crying, almost ran off the road. Not what I expected at 730 on a Saturday morning. Anyways, I decided the words to the song were the perfect post for today. So I hope it touches you too (especially the chorus, that's what got me!!!)

"I have been a wayward child
I have acted out
I have questioned sovereignty
and had my share of doubts.

And though sometimes

my prayers feel like their bouncing off the sky,
the hand that holds won't let me go
and is the reason why .

I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
But I will not be moved!!!
On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand, I will not be moved.

Bitterness has plagued my heart
many times before
My life has been a broken glass
and I have kept the score
of all my shattered dreams
and though it seemed
that I was far too gone
my brokenness helped me to see
it's grace I'm standing on.

And chaos in my life
has been a badge I've worn
and though I have been torn
I will not be moved."



No comments: