Friday, December 12, 2008

Being thankful...even if its late

Today was a rough (rough is not nearly a strong enough word!!) day at work. I got yelled at by a salesperson, I got yelled at by a customer....I almost popped a blood vessel over it. It was all I could do to control my tongue. I had an algebra teacher in high school who always said the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body, thus the hardest to control. (You have to imagine an older lady, with gray hair in a really tight bun, looking down her nose at you and you'll get the picture) Well today, I finally believe her!! I had a VERY hard time keeping my mouth shut today. But at the end of the day, I decided I had too many things to be thankful to let either of them, or anything else for that matter, get to me. So I decided tonight, I was going to list them. And yes I missed thanksgiving by a couple of weeks, but give me a break, it's been a busy time for me.
Soooo...drum roll......here it goes......

First and foremost, I am thankful that no matter who I am, or what I do, I have a heavenly Father that loves me and looks after me every day. I always think back to the verse that says all the hairs on our heads are numbered. WOW!!! (Imagine that...a year ago I would have never thought I could quote a verse. Maybe I don't have a clue where it is yet, but hey baby steps right??)

I am so thankful for my parents. I love my mommy!! We fought like crazy when I was a kid, but now I don't know what I would do without her. She is my best friend. And my dad, has only physically been around since I was 9, but as far as I am concerned HE is my dad, no matter what blood says. He is always there to pump me up and encourage me in anything I do.

I love my sister too. For all her craziness, I still love her to death. She's still young, and a little nuts....but I am so glad that we are all nearby and can be together whenever we want.

My dearest John....I know I have been rough on him lately, but I really do adore him. I have been trying to approach him from a new angle lately, and I think it has really made a difference. No where near as much yelling, and it continues to get better each day. He is a wonderful father, and that is huge. He could be a crazy, drunk, absent dad...but he's not.

These 3 silly girls are my life...I wouldn't trade anything for them in the world. It is new and fun everyday!! They are so adorable...there are so many moments that I almost cry just looking at them.

I am so thankful for the wonderful church family that we have found. I believe nothing is an accident, God planned for us to be there now. It is amazing to me how perfectly we fit in there. I couldn't ask for anything better. Each and every person at Breakthrough is so amazing, they each hold a special place in my heart. I know without a shadow of a doubt, if I ever needed any of them, all I'd have to do is ask, and they wouldn't hesitate for a second.

I am amazed at the way God is using me. I am loving Praise and Worship with the kids. Every week I think, maybe I'll have someone fill in so I can go to "real church". But then God reminds me I don't have to be in the sanctuary to praise Him. He is so right (duh!!) I love singing with the kids, they have so much fun, energy, and excitement all rolled into a little tiny body.

I am extremely thankful for the new found relationship that I am entering into with God. Each day I feel a little closer to Him. I never thought this would be where I am, but I love it. And I ask for more each day. He freely gives as the heart desires.

I am sure there are tons more....but I'm going to start with these. I just needed to take some time to remember no matter how bad it may seem, it never really is "that" bad.

No comments: