Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where's my baby??

I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden, over night basically, my baby has turned into a full blown girl!! Did I sleep through it? Was I hit over the head and missed it all? It blows my mind completely. I can remember every minute of being pregnant and having Tyler and now she suddenly 8 going on 30, and wants to shave her legs. (Yes I said shave her legs, YIKES) What happened to my baby? Apparently, martians came in when I wasn't looking and replaced her with some alien who is worried about everything from droughts to hairy legs, and other people's feelings to helping her baby sister, from being sure she hears everything that's ever said to talking 90 miles an hour, from staying up later than the night before to never staying in the bed past 6am, from her hairstyle to being sure her clothes are just right. WHO IS THIS CRAZY PERSON IN MY HOUSE???

I'll tell you who she is, in case you didn't know...she is turning into a wonderful young lady right in front of my face. She will one day lead hundreds of people to the Lord's work. In fact, she has already started. She has such a sensitive ear to hear the Lord's voice. I only wish that I could hear Him as clearly as she does. She thinks of other people before she considers herself. She is always concerned about things that are much bigger than her. She is basically AMAZING, and I can't believe I have the privilege to be her mom. She teaches me something everyday, she reminds me to slow down and take time to just sit and be. Her heart is so huge, and she is constantly dying to show it to everyone she knows, or at least anyone who will listen. She continues to go one step beyond what I expect from her. I honestly believe it will be her that one day reaches her father for the Lord. She will show him nothing but the love of Christ and he will finally "SEE", see what a difference it has meant for her, and realize he needs it as well.

No matter how big she gets, how tall or how old....I will always remember her as the little newborn who had jaundice and had to sleep in the sun almost nude for the first 2 weeks of her life. Or the toddler who constantly wanted to play tea party. Or the big sister who always wants to be the "little momma". And even the 8 year old who wants to shave her legs. She will always be my baby, even when she is 50, and I am....well never mind that number!!

No comments: