Friday, September 26, 2008

To panic or not to panic??

This gas thing didn't bother me at first. I decided it was just a media frenzy. The media made everyone think a shortage was coming, so everyone freaked out, got gas even if they didn't need it, and created the shortage in their panicked actions. The supply continued to get lower, the prices got higher, the lines got longer, the outlook seemed dimmer, what was next???

By Wednesday I was beginning to feel a slight amount of anxiety over the situation. I was getting concerned. I had tried to conserve and wait out the shortage, but it was getting down to the wire. Then I started thinking not only was I out of gas, but what about grocery store supply trucks, or pharmacies, or electricity repair men. The scope continued to grow in my head and really begin to scare me a little bit.

Then with all the talk about the stocks, Wall Street, bailouts....lots of things I didn't understand....it was all starting to create some concern in me.

Then a wonderful friend reminded me with the following words:
I know its stressful right now, but panic won't help anything. The bible even says not to worry because it only causes harm. How much more simply could that be said?! Remember that we've not been given a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind. God has given us power over the fear, and then He tops it off with love and peace! Walk in that authority!

All things that I already knew...but I just needed a little reminding. We are all dependent on something, and sometimes we don't realize how much until its not available to us. Step back and take a look what are the things that you NEED too much???? Your car, cell phones, the Internet, coffee, chocolate, whatever your "it" is.....could you do without it if it was gone tomorrow???

No comments: