Sunday, September 21, 2008

One step for mankind....so why not me too

If you know me at all you know that I love to talk. Well, apparently this is the "new way" to talk to the world. Everyone seems to be doing it, so I decided why not me too?? I read a few blogs here and there and decided maybe I have a few things to share as well. Amazing things happen and I am always busting to tell someone, so this is the new way to keep track of the everyday goings on and maybe help someone else in the process.
You never know when your little triumph may be huge to someone else. Your victory may not just be for you, it may be just for you to share to inspire someone else to do more, go further, take one more step. I heard someone say today to never give up because you just may be one step away from your blessing. If you stop now you may miss out on that which is set aside for you.
So...with that said here is the first little thing that happened to me this past week, that on the surface seems small, but after I thought about it...its HUGE!!!
I woke up Wednesday morning with a terrible back ache, felt like I had pulled something or had a pinched nerve. I could barely move at all. I tried some cream on it, then a pain pill and nothing was helping. My mom said I should go over and see the chiropractor again, but I knew I didn't really have the money to go. I finally decided that a $25 co-pay wasn't too bad, so I had to go, even if it was just for one visit. So I called and made an appointment for 3. In the meantime, this really nice little older lady that I had helped at the store a couple of times called. She always calls me angel Libby, because I was so helpful to her. When I answered the phone, she said is this just Libby or angel Libby?? She is so sweet. She wanted to be sure I was going to be at the store today when she stopped by. When she came in, basically the 2 chairs she bought were not going to work for her, she looked for something else, but we couldn't find anything. I told her to just bring them back, I would take care of it. Then we started talking about other things. She all of a sudden in the middle of the conversation said 'you're a Christian right? Isn't it amazing that you don't have to push it on people for them to figure out who you serve. We started talking about church and my girls. I was telling her how we pride ourselves on not just being juice and cookies or a babysitter in Kids Zone. I told her how Tyler told me last week that she hears from God. She said is that what you teach them in children's church? I gave a resounding YES, absolutely!! She said that is exactly what they need to hear, they need to know there is more. It was an awesome conversation....but that's not even the best part yet!!! So she decides to go home, get the 2 chairs, and bring them back to the same day. While she's gone, I go to the appointment at the chiropractors office. It helped a little, but he said I was really tense, and knotted up. So he wanted me to come back again later in the week. Again I had no idea how I was going to pay for it. I figured I would do this visit, and see how it goes, then maybe call and cancel the 2nd visit. When I got ready to pay, she said our new insurance has a $50 co-pay. I almost flipped out right there. She said it would be cheaper to be a cash payer, because that would only be $40. So I paid the $40, and left knowing I would definitely have to cancel the 2nd appt. When I get back to the store, there's my little lady waiting in the parking lot for me. She said before we go inside, come here a second. She had a little framed artwork in her arms. She said I bought this a couple of days ago, and I want to give it to you today. It said 'As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord', I thought it was so sweet of her. Then....here's the crazy part. She took my hand and said here take this, go buy the girls something, go have a nice dinner, whatever, just God bless you. And she didn't let go of my hand. I told her thank you, and to please drive around back and I would get the chairs out of the car for her. Well, as I walked inside, I looked in my hand,expecting to see $10 or so....it was $100!!!!! I almost dropped to my knees and cried right there in the store. I couldn't believe it. I really hadn't done anything for this lady, except be nice and listen. It blew my mind. Of course when I met her at the back of the store, I told her the story about the doctor, then she almost cried too!!! She thanked me for telling her the story, that it confirmed she did the right thing. She was being obedient to her God, not even knowing why or how much it would bless my family. The best part of the whole day, I didn't even understand until I got home. I looked at the plaque again. I had heard the verse before, but I guess never really paid it much attention. Then one small word jumped out to me...it said "WE", not me, not me and the girls, but WE. I had been feeling really discouraged lately about John ever coming with us to church...but to me, this is a word from God placed into my life through this wonderful little lady. I receive it, and I believe it. I always worry that I don't hear from God, but this week I realized it doesn't always have to be a big resounding voice from heaven, it can come from a sweet little 80 year old woman. Thank you Ms. Stone!!!
Okay, so I know I am rambling on...I can't help it.

No comments: