Sunday, September 13, 2009

In HIS timing....AGAIN!

Again this week I am reminded that things happen in His time, not mine. Every time I say oh I can't do that, or I won't survive that....He reminds me, sometimes not so gently, that I can. I read a quote this week that said this....

"The task in front of me is never as great as the power behind me."

Why is that so hard to remember all the time? It's easy when things are going good, our jobs are great, we aren't arguing with our hubby, all the kids are healthy, we are happy with how things are going at church...but the minute, no the second things start to go a little wrong, we forget so quickly that He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world. Why do I forget so easily? This is what I have been asking myself this weekend.

If I know in my heart that God is in control...
If I know things will happen in HIS time...
If I know He watching over us and protecting us....
If I know He is the giver of all peace....
If I know He is the Lord of Lords....
If I know that He is the provider of all good and perfect gifts...
If I know He is the Great Physician....

Why then do I worry? Why do I let my flesh take over? No the truth of the matter is what to I let the stinkin' devil convince me of anything different?

We let our past haunt us, and think since I did all that way back when...maybe God won't take care of me this time. And the worst part is we let the devil tell us over and over that we are not forgiven, that we are not redeemed, that we are not HIS!

I can talk the talk when the going is good....but this week I vow to talk the talk and walk the walk even when I don't think I can, because I know that He always has my best interest at heart.

I know that my best is truly yet to come!!!

No comments: