Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boxes, boxes, and more boxes

Everything I have read lately is about putting things in boxes, and stepping outside your box, and not boxing yourself in....it seems like from every direction I only hear about boxes!!!

I have always loved little boxes though....all shapes, and sizes, and colors. They fascinate me!! I like things organized too...so even better! I buy things with all kinds of little compartments to put all my crazy things in. Each thing has its place, its perfect box, or drawer, or hole. I like knowing where are things are supposed to go, and where to go when I need them.....

But life is never like that!!

We never know what to expect....or what's coming next...or who is going to come into our path. We have to be prepared for anything and everything (can I get an amen from all the mommas in the house!!) We like to be comfortable in our perfect little spot in the world...and say ok, I'll stay right here 'til Jesus comes for me. Lately, I find myself asking, is that really what He wants? Are we supposed to just sit around, do nothing, behave ourselves, and wait for Him to come again? Is that all He expects from us? NO WAY!!!!!

He has so many plans for us to carry out on this earth....He does His work through us. And unless we are ready to listen for the calling, feel the uncertainty in it all, experience the new, and see the exciting things He has in store....we could sit back and miss it all!!


Think of it this way....when I came home with all A's on my report card way back when (I mean WAY BACK when) my parents would give me the biggest smiles, and hugs, and say how proud they were of me. Think how much MORE blessing God has for us if we do what He has asked of us?? Stop and think for a minute....what if you missed out on the biggest blessing of your earthy life simply because when God said talk to "that" lady, you didn't. She's too this, or she's too that, I don't want to, I don't know her, I don't know how to say that....whatever the excuse, SO WHAT....God just said do it. He will show you how, He will lead your heart, He will guide your words, He will give you the strength, courage, faith....whatever you need to carry out His works!! As long as you step out of your box, and trust God enough to show you....

That's my prayer today....show me God....show me more each day how I can do more and be more for You!!!

No comments: