Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You belong here!

I was listening to a teaching from Beth Moore this week (thank you Lynn!!) and the very first thing she said was "You Belong Here". Now of course she was saying if you were at that event, that God had you there for a purpose...to learn something, be touched by the Holy Spirit, be moved....have a moment with Him. BUT....it spoke to me on a completely different level. I had me a little holy ghost fit right there in the car. It made me realize....that I belonged in the moment where I was. I was supposed to be in this spot, in this place...doing what I am doing. God had it planned WAY before I was even born. He knew that I would face this...and would come out on the other side better!! He didn't say it would be easy....or fun....but I would come out better in some way.

I know that I am good at my job....but I am too quick to say "sure I can do that too" or "no, I don't mind" or "I'll take care of that too".....but its time to focus in....to buckle down...and do my job and not everyone else's!!! I am not going to be told that my job is not being done....because I am being kept busy with other things to do. I expect to have a very clear picture of what is expected of me....and also give them a very clear picture of what I am not going to do. One of those things is I am not going to be 5 years down the road and realize that I missed out on my children's life because I was always at work. They come first!!! Yes I have to have my job to support them....but they need ME there to support them too, not just my paycheck. I need a break....I am going to ask for a long weekend off to spend with my girls....please pray the favor of God on this meeting tomorrow....I don't want to say anything I will regret, but I don't plan on just sitting there and taking it either.

2 comments:

LynnSC said...

Hey Libby!
I am so glad that you are enjoying the CDs. So often God uses her to speak directly to my heart.

It is Friday evening... and I hope that your meeting went well. Hopefully you are off having a great time with your family!!
Blessings,
Lynn

LynnSC said...

Hey Libby,

Jump on over to my blog... I left something there for you!
blessings,
Lynn