Friday, March 13, 2009

just tired....

This I think has been the longest week in history....I am so confused about the next step to take....which way should I go? I have asked my husband what to do....I've asked my friends...I've asked my mom....I've asked my dad....and thursday, I am supposed to meet with my boss to see which way he thinks I should go...

But I haven't stopped to ask God which way He thinks is best. If He sits above and can see the whole path...beginning and end...why wouldn't I think to stop and ask Him for directions?? Because we like to think we can figure it out alone, don't bother God with my silly problems, I can use the brains HE gave me to figure it out.
BUT...here's the catch...our teeny tiny brains can only process so much, can only see so much, can only understand so much. HE on the other hand knew this fork in the road would be in front of us on this day at this moment before we were even born. HE KNEW!!! So why not ask Him for the directions? Why not depend on His advice? Why not allow Him to help us....because He is sitting there waiting for us to ask.

He should be my refuge, my stronghold, my portion, my deliverer...so why not lean on Him???

Psalm 61:1-4
1 Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

2 comments:

LynnSC said...

Hey my tired friend...

I just sent up a prayer for you. I know that your Thursday deadline is up... but I will still pray. I hope that you got the clear direction from the Father that you needed. He does desire for us to seek His wisdom.

Love ya,
Lynn

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I so know how you feel and I so needed this passage of scripture to day...several days after you posted it. Thank you.

Good luck and many blessings as you seek your direction.

In His Graces~Pamela