Monday, February 23, 2009

Just a thought...

Today I was sitting in a drive thru...daydreaming...with christian radio on in the background. I was really off in my own little world, almost like time was standing still for a moment. I don't really remember what was being said on the radio, I was just really off in la-la land. But all of a sudden the sky got very dark...something had changed in the sky. And at that exact moment something was said on the radio about Jesus coming back. And it made me think....

It could happen at any moment. Today, tomorrow, next month, right now....there will be no announcement at church the Sunday before..."Be sure to sign up...bring a friend...don't be late". It will just happen. I like to put things I don't understand in a little box...this is one of those things. I like to pretend I will be forewarned....but that's not how it will work.
I love the way this translation says it....
2 Peter 3:10(The Message)
10But when the Day of God's Judgment does come, it will be unannounced, like a thief. The sky will collapse with a thunderous bang, everything disintegrating in a huge conflagration, earth and all its works exposed to the scrutiny of Judgment.

I just sat there for a while thinking....it could be ANYTIME! That really amazed me at first...and then it really began to freak me out!!

Here were the thoughts I had in those few moments....ones that I will ponder this week...
What have I done today alone that I would regret if Jesus came?
What would I wish I would have already said if Jesus came back today?
Or who would I wish I had testified to or ministered to already if Jesus came today?

We need to live every moment like it could be our last on this earth...remember there's no email, or voicemail, or text message to let us know He's coming....it could be any second!

2 Peter 3:11-13 (The Message)
11-13Since everything here today might well be gone tomorrow, do you see how essential it is to live a holy life? Daily expect the Day of God, eager for its arrival. The galaxies will burn up and the elements melt down that day—but we'll hardly notice. We'll be looking the other way, ready for the promised new heavens and the promised new earth, all landscaped with righteousness.

1 comment:

LynnSC said...

Sister... that is an awesome post!! I know this in my head... but somehow I forget to live it out!

Thanks so much for the thought provoking questions.

I think that might have freaked me out a little too.

You will not believe this... I actually bought the CD's today and started my copying. It won't be long now....
Love ya,
Lynn