Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Still scared...

Last night I was laying in my bed praying before going to sleep and I started praying about Abigail....and I got distracted. I was thinking about having to take her today for 2 shots. I haven't told her yet though....she knows we are going to the doctor, but she doesn't know its for 2 shots. And I was thinking about having to tell her that it is for her own good, and it will be ok.
Then, this is where the devil swooped in....I then thought about the day they will have to wheel her into surgery, without her mommy, and I will have to say those same words....it will be ok I promise, they are trying to make your better. Even as I type this today, I am crying. I am so scared for my little angel. I know that God will take care of her, and He has her and me right in His hands....but still...this will be scary.

It has been 3 weeks since her appt, and we still haven't heard from the doctors at Duke about when the surgery will be. I feel once I have a date, I can begin to prepare myself for it. I am strong in my faith, because of He that is in me....but when it comes to my children the human in me still gets scared. I am ready for all of this to be over.

No comments: