Sunday, January 25, 2009

A romance

This week I read a wonderful love story...I was in awe of the book and the main character all week as I read each and every page. I was dying to come home each night and read more of their wonderful tale. I longed to have someone "after" me as he was after her. I wanted to be pursued and romanced....and longed for.

My heart ached that I didn't have that type of relationship anymore. You get set in your ways as a married couple with kids, and you lose some of that early relationship pizazz. I wanted to be looked at the way they described this couple looking at each other. I wanted to be kissed the way they did the first time. I wanted to be sought after.

Then tonight, it finally dawned on me...I am sought after everyday by God. He longs for me to be closer to Him. He longs to hold me close and protect me from everything that harms us. He longs to spend quiet moments away with me. He begs of us to take in His love...His perfect love...and then in turn show it to others.

Maybe....just maybe, if I pursued my husband more, rather than waiting for him. Maybe if I lovingly said "I'll do that for you honey", rather than expecting him to handle it. Maybe if I slowed down and really appreciated him for all he does.....I just may see more of what I want coming my way in return.

Rather than expecting someone in my life to change....maybe I need to change first.

2 comments:

LynnSC said...

Wow Libby... what a post!

Our Sunday school class is doing the Bible study that goes with the movie Fireproof... did you see that movie? Well... anyway... the book that goes with it is called the Love Dare. It has really opened my eyes to what love is really supose to be like... and what I (repeat...I) need to do to create that kind of love in my home. I have to choose to love... no matter what. Love is a choice... and it is hard sometimes.

You are right in your comment on my blog... I just love it when I think God is teaching me about one thing and He turns it around on ME. Oh how He desires to change me.

Did you happen to read my comment to your post entitled Struggles?? I didn't hear from you afterwards... I was worried about that I might have been a "little over the top". Just let me know.

Blessings,
Lynn

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Libby-I have come over from Lynn's site. My middle daughters name is Olivia but we call her Libby! nice to meet you!

You ARE sought after daily by God. He wants you to deligently seek Him and when He has you where He wants you then is when He usually sends in the prayer of your heart. At least that is how it worked for me.

"For my determined purpose is that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death, in the hope that if possible I may attain to the spiritual and moral resurrection that lifts me out from among the dead even while in the body." ~Phil. 3:10-11

Blessings to you!

In His Graces~Pamela