Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm in better hands now....

Lately I have become very addicted to Facebook...I have reconnected with so many old friends. It has been amazing. Tons of memories are flooding my mind, all the fun, being a kid, enjoying life, no responsibilities....as adult rethinking those times, you start to realize why you were that way, or why you acted that way..or maybe you don't, and you start to search inside yourself to figure out what happened. Where did that happyy go lucky girl go??

As I remembered today, my mind was flooded with not only good thoughts....but of all the things I did along the way that I was ashamed of. I know that God has already forgiven me for all of them...but I had to say it to be sure...I begged God to show His grace, and forgive all of those things in my past. Whether I realized at the time they were hurting someone else or not....I knew that God had already wiped the slate clean...but I knew I needed His grace and His mercy upon me to be able to forgive myself.

In the midst of this, He brought to my mind this wonderful song...first I must say it was an amazing feeling, because I know HE put that song in my head. I haven't heard it in forever...in fact it took me a while to remember all the words. But it reminded me that I am in His hands now....and that if I will look to Him before I take a step....He will show me the way!!

I hope this song touches you heart....it definitely has mine today!
(Remember go down and pause the music that is already playing before playing this video)

2 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Libby-you are so in better hands now and I love your line in my blog response "make my life matter"-that is such a powerful prayer!! I am praying it...daily. Thank you. You have blessed me this morning!

Remember, nothing is too big to be forgiven and covered with God's graces and even better-nothing is too shameful to be turned around for God's glory. NOTHING!!

No matter where we have been in life, remember and be strengthened by the words of David in Psalm 40:
(1)I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.
(2)He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. he set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
(3)He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.

You are His testimony!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Michelle Hill said...

Hey! Thanks for the video! I love tht song too! You are an incredible woman....."He LOVES YOU!!"
Michelle