Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Simply Request

This morning as I was praying a phrase came to me that I decided was going to be my goal.
I was praying for the couples that are at the marriage conference at our church this weekend...but then said hold on a second, I want that too!!!

I want to HEAR His voice, to SEE His hand, and to FEEL His heart.

Its that simply....I want to slow down and be quiet so that I can clearly hear His voice.
I want to see the works of His hands, to know He is in the midst of everything I go through, and His hand is on it.
And mostly to feel the heart of God, I want to be more like Him. To go to church tomorrow and love on those kids as Jesus himself would love on any us us. To show them that unconditional love, not because of something they have done, but just because who they are. To make a difference in their lives, so they can then go out and share that same wonderful feeling with other kids, or their families.


Simply put...Lord, be with me as I go through this day, I want to HEAR YOU, to SEE YOU, to FEEL YOU...in the midst of everything in my life that is crazy. I invite you in, you are welcome, come in and show yourself mightily. In your precious name! AMEN.

2 comments:

LynnSC said...

What an awesome prayer, Libby. I want those things too... I hope you won't mind if I borrow it from time to time...

I so want HIM.
blessings,
Lynn

PS My word verification was "bless"... how appropriate!!

natalie said...

Libby,
I love it! I too want to feel Him, see Him, hear Him, and be more like Him. Praying this for you also.

Grace 2 U,
natalie